My top 12 of 2012:
12. Losing to Doyle in a final sprint to the finish at the Robbie Burns 8k (I should never have let him know I was there). I ran a (chip) time of 27:45, good for 9th overall.
11. Running the Pride 5k in under 17min (16:56) only one day after surgery on a broken thumb (and whilst wearing a massive cast (and hipster glasses)).
10. Setting a new marathon PB in Hamilton in 2:36:27 and finishing 2nd overall. The last 7k sucked!
9. Winning the team challenge at the Yonge St. 10k where I ran (an illegitimate downhill time of) 33:16!
8. Winning the MEC Summer Classic 5k in 16:03. Where did that speed come from?!
7. Organizing the inaugural Longboat Ekiden. Our 'LB Samurai Splits' won the event in a time of 2:26:46 and I was second in the 10k 'leg' in 34:20
6. My first ever outright win at the Good Friday 10-miler in 57:20. Two thumbs up for this one.
5. Fierce inter-team competition at the Lindsay Milk Run 10k where one of our teams definitely won (mine!). I also ran an impressive PB in 34:16
4. Running Around The Bay 30k in 1:51:21. I absolutely love this race!
3. My second ever marathon and breakthrough at the Toronto Goodlife Marathon in 2:36:59 for 5th overall.
2. Running 1:13:29 (that's fast) at the Scotia Toronto Waterfront Half in the company of good friends.
1. 'The Black Lungs' finish in second place overall at the 2012 Cabot Trail Relay Race. I ran twice winning Leg 3 (just barely avoiding being 'hagged') and a eerily awesome Leg 10 up Mt McKenzie.